Friday 1 May 2020

ZOOM meeting

Virtual NWBA Meeting

Marilyn is willing to have a go at hosting a Zoom virtual NWBA meeting as a chance for us all to keep in touch whilst we cannot meet in person.  We will be able to  show each other what we have been working on, or lament the fact that inspiration is lacking!    We can also just have a general catch up. 

Some of you will already have used Zoom, but for those of us who haven’t, Marilyn will need your confirmation that you are interested by email to:
nwbookmaker@gmail.com

She then sends you an invitation to join the meeting. 
All  you have to do is just click on the day and time of the meeting - no need for passwords or joining Zoom yourself.

N.B.   you will need to download the app onto your laptop, computer or tablet. Tablet or laptop is best as you get a better view, but it can be done on a mobile phone as well. So, if anyone would like to have a go, do send your email address to Marilyn for a 
                   
                        Zoom NWBA meeting on Saturday May 9th at 10.30 am.
 


Marilyn's pages from her Formby ABcdary:






From Jac :

Magellan hasn't progressed very far. I have finished going through the book for sailors names and I will get them typed up and sent on this week. I was going to go through the fabric strips and tack papers to them with the dates, important happenings and interesting stuff so that when we meet up we have a starting point for putting things together. But I managed to slice my thumb open while harvesting rhubarb so holding a needle, or anything that needs pressure hasn't been possible. Again a job for the next few weeks.

I did manage to do a book for ABC. The theme put me in mind of The ABC Murders by Agatha Christie so I thought I’d write my own mystery story.
 

In the eighties we inherited a lot of books from my parents in law, mass produced hardback books from the forties and fifties. Most of them were red (they had lost their dust covers over time). I wanted to try and reference that sort of a feel with my book. 

The whole text is on my website :    http://jacbalmer.weebly.com/





No comments:

Post a Comment

We will get back to you as soon as possible.